AGCO, a global agricultural machinery manufacturer, is undergoing a comprehensive digital transformation. After a large-scale reorganization, the client has started an Agile Transformation with AdEx Partners to unite numerous heterogeneous teams in a uniform process organization.
AGCO has set itself the goal of developing intelligent agricultural solutions and digital services. To achieve this, AGCO started a comprehensive digital transformation several years ago. AGCO implemented agile methods for the first time to ensure that our customers can continue to respond to global and highly volatile competition.
The "DIGITALCUSTOMEREXPERIENCE" (DCX) program aimed to efficiently develop digital products and services and bring them to market.
After two years of successful development and continuous improvement, "DCX" struggled with organizational hurdles, a silo mentality, and the efficient use of agile methods.
A comprehensive reorganization of digital product management and IT structure was carried out. The aim is to overcome organizational hurdles to make product development more efficient and improve scalability.
The new organizational structure provides the framework. However, the success of the reorganization must breathe life into the new organizational structure. AdEx Partners was given the mandate to implement a holistic Agile Transformation. The goal is to establish a new process organization that promotes cross-functional collaboration and scaling the development process.
Under the title ONE Digital, AdEx Partners jointly and co-creatively developed a holistic approach to Agile transformation with the client. The focus was to iteratively establish a uniform process organization (framework, processes, and tools) according to the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and to accompany this process with a stringent project and change management.
- Adaptation of the central collaboration tool (Microsoft Azure DevOps) for software development in the entire organization along the newly defined structure and process organization.
- Migration of approx. 20 legacy systems to the target system
- Regular feedback loops and implementation of improvements (co-creation approach)
- Establishment of the agile governance based on a multi-day workshop with the Agile Transformation Office (ATO).
- The SAFe framework was used and adapted as part of a fit-gap analysis.
- AdEx Partners' many years of experience and good networking at AGCO helped to carry out the fit-gap analysis efficiently.
- The go-to-market time has been significantly reduced. All 60 teams launch their digital products in a uniform 10-week rhythm.
- The efficiency of the entire organization has been measurably increased by 72%.
- Improved business-IT alignment, as the business now follows the entire development cycle end-to-end.
- All teams have been elevated to a standard system configured to the requirements of the new process, enabling real-time reporting.
- Knowledge building in the organization through training and coaching of 400 employees
- ONE Digital is being used as a template for other parts of the business to adopt agile ways of working and accelerate the development of digital service